The CDD5 is a two-way passive micro speaker designed for discreet positioning in architectural installations — including bars, museums, foyers, concourses, exhibition centres and HoW. It features a unique, patent-pending 5” (125mm) LF/0.7” (19mm) HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver in a rigid ABS moulded enclosure and is supplied with a dedicated omni-directional mounting bracket.
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD5 delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns — projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience to distribute sound evenly front-to-back, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections — eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response in the crossover region associated with non-coaxial designs.
The visually-distinctive enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the enclosure allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall or ceiling by means of the supplied omni-directional bracket or an optional close-mount ceiling bracket.
Finished in black (RAL9005) or white (RAL9016) as standard, the CDD5 can be supplied in any RAL colour to order. The CDD5TX option incorporates a 70V/100V line transformer.
A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD5 may be used without a controller. However, the EQ and limiter functions of a controller such as the Martin Audio DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2, or an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP will maximise its capabilities. When used with a CSX subwoofer, crossover and EQ functions can either be performed by the DX0.5, DX1.5 and DX2 system controllers, or by an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP option.
- Ultra-compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant ABS moulded enclosure
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free perforated steel grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Discreet mounting accessories
- Black or white standard colour options
- 70V/100V line transformer option
- TYPE: Ultra-compact, Coaxial Differential Dispersion passive two-way system
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE : 100Hz-20kHz ± 3dB, 10dB @ 70Hz
- DRIVER LF: 5.25” (130mm)/1.25” (32mm) voice coil, long excursion, ferrite motor system
- HF: 0.75” (19mm) voice coil, fabric dome with neodymium motor system
- RATED POWER: 100W AES, 400W peak
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER: MA2.8Q, MA2.0
- SENSITIVITY: 90dB
- MAXIMUM SPL: 110dB continuous, 116dB peak
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- DISPERSION (-6dB): 120˚-90˚ horizontal, 80˚ vertical (user-rotatable)
- CROSSOVER: 2.5kHz passive
- ENCLOSURE: 3 litre, ABS
- FINISH: Black or white
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE: Black or white perforated steel with scrim cloth backing
- CONNECTORS: Low profile 13A push-lock
- PIN CONNECTIONS: Left to right: Input+, Input -, Link -, Link +
- FITTINGS: 6 x M5 inserts for wall/ceiling brackets
- DIMENSIONS: (W) 160mm x (H) 230mm x (D) 149mm (W) 6.3ins x (H) 9.1 ins x (D) 5.9 ins
- WEIGHT: 2.7kg (6lbs)
- ACCESSORIES: CDDCB5B ceiling bracket black, CDDCB5W ceiling bracket white
We offer next day delivery as standard on all items subject to stock availability
Many of the products on offer are in stock and available for next day delivery. Some of our specialist product lines are shipped directly from the manufacturer and in this situation we can not guarantee next day delivery. These products are manufactured in batches and if ordered at the right time, you will receive next day delivery but may be up to six weeks if ordering at the beginning of a batch. These products are available to order and you will be advised of a delivery date. Please call us for more information or to check stock availability. +44(0)1908 615 365
In accordance with The Customer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (updated June 2014), Audishop.London provides customers with the right to cancel an order within 14 days of the date of delivery. You must notify Audioshop.London of your intention to do so in writing within this period. Email notification can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Goods must be returned at your cost and liability, unused and as new, complete with all accessories, cables, manuals and software in undamaged original packaging. Goods must be protected for transit by a double box or cardboard outer. Proof of purchase in the form of the Audioshop.London packing slip or invoice must be provided with the goods. If an entire order is returned we will refund the value of a standard on-line delivery charge.