The CDD12 is a compact, passive two-way system designed for installations that require high output levels. Its high-specification 12” (300mm) LF /1” exit HF Coaxial Differential Dispersion driver delivers perfect sound across the audience over medium-throw distances.
The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD12 delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns — projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections — eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape — maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The LF driver has a 2.5” (65mm) voice coil and efficient motor with an aluminium demodulating ring to minimise distortion, while the HF driver utilises a 1.75” (44mm) polyimide diaphragm and features a low-compression phase-plug to reduce non-linearity.
The visually-distinctive composite enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the CDD12 allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall via an optional wall bracket or suspended from a ceiling by eyebolts or a horizontal yoke option.
Finished in black (RAL9005) or white (RAL9016) as standard, the CDD12 can be supplied in any RAL colour to order.
A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD12 may be used without a controller. However, the EQ and limiter functions of a controller such as the Martin Audio DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2, or an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP will maximise its capabilities. When used with a CSX subwoofer, crossover and EQ functions can either be performed by the DX0.5, DX1.5 and DX2 system controllers, or by an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP option.
- Compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free perforated steel grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Discreet mounting accessories
- Integral inserts for eyebolt suspension
- Black or white standard colour options
- TYPE: Compact, high-output, Coaxial Differential Dispersion passive two-way system
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 62Hz-20kHz ± 3dB, -10dB @ 50Hz
- DRIVER LF: 12” (300mm)/2.5” (63.5mm) voice coil, long excursion, shared ferrite motor with HF
- HF: 1” (25mm) exit/1.7” (44mm) voice coil, polyimide dome compression driver
- RATED POWER: 300W AES, 1200W peak
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER: MA2.0, MA3.0
- SENSITIVITY: 97dB
- MAXIMUM SPL: 122dB continuous, 128dB peak
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- DISPERSION (-6dB): 110˚-60˚ horizontal, 60˚ vertical (user-rotatable)
- CROSSOVER: 1.9kHz passive
- ENCLOSURE: 38 litre, composite material
- FINISH: Black or white textured paint
- PROTECTIVE GRILLE: Black or white perforated steel with scrim cloth backing
- CONNECTORS: Low profile 20A push-lock
- PIN CONNECTIONS: Left to right: Input+, Input -, Link -, Link+
- FITTINGS: 6 x M8 inserts for wall bracket, 10 x M8 fly points
- DIMENSIONS: (W) 357mm x (H) 571mm x (D) 348mm (W) 14.1ins x (H) 22.5ins x (D) 13.7ins
- WEIGHT: 19.3kg (42.5lbs)
- ACCESSORIES: CDDWB10/12B wall bracket black, CDDWB10/12W wall bracket white, CDDYA12B yoke assembly black, CDDYA12W yoke assembly white
Also available in black
We offer next day delivery as standard on all items subject to stock availability
Many of the products on offer are in stock and available for next day delivery. Some of our specialist product lines are shipped directly from the manufacturer and in this situation we can not guarantee next day delivery. These products are manufactured in batches and if ordered at the right time, you will receive next day delivery but may be up to six weeks if ordering at the beginning of a batch. These products are available to order and you will be advised of a delivery date. Please call us for more information or to check stock availability. +44(0)1908 615 365
In accordance with The Customer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (updated June 2014), Audishop.London provides customers with the right to cancel an order within 14 days of the date of delivery. You must notify Audioshop.London of your intention to do so in writing within this period. Email notification can be sent to email@example.com Goods must be returned at your cost and liability, unused and as new, complete with all accessories, cables, manuals and software in undamaged original packaging. Goods must be protected for transit by a double box or cardboard outer. Proof of purchase in the form of the Audioshop.London packing slip or invoice must be provided with the goods. If an entire order is returned we will refund the value of a standard on-line delivery charge.