Signals from electronic instruments such as guitars, keyboards and similar sound sources generally have a low level, high impedance output, which will not interfere with the low impedance, balanced input, found on professional sound mixing consoles. Furthermore these signals cannot be driven up long cable lengths without serious loss of level and degradation. The DI box converts this signal to a more suitable form without interfering with or modifying the signal at the instrument source, and should provide freedom from ground and power line related problems.
Passive DI boxes have limited applications as they will inevitably affect the signal source for guitar type applications, and can also have an insertion loss of around 20dB. The only safe and predictable way to provide direct feeds from instruments or other sources is by using an Active DI box utilising an input amplifier driving an output transformer.
The AR-133CH fulfills all the requirements of an active DI and more.
- Switchable input attenuation: 0dB for guitar-type pickups, 20dB for line level signals, and 40dB for speaker feeds
- Matches the level and impedance with unity gain without loading the source
- Can drive signals up long cable lengths
- Powered from console phantom power or internal battery
- Automatic switchover to battery if phantom power fails
- Parallel Link Jack output to feed amplifiers directly
- Parallel XLR input for converting unbalanced outputs to balanced lines
- Input: 1M Ohm (pad at 0dB)
- Impedance: 47k Ohm (pad at -20dB). 47k Ohm (pad at -40dB)
- Max Input: +9dBu (pad at 0dB)
- Level: +29dBu (pad at -20dB). +49dBu (pad at -40dB)
- Input Connectors: Two Parallel 1/4" jack connectors and a parallel XLR connector (unbalanced). Jack: Tip Hot (+ve), Sleeve Ground. XLR: Pin 2 Hot (+ve), Pin1 & 3 Ground
- Output: Transformer; Balanced
- Max. Output Level: +8dBu into 600 Ohms or greater
- Output Connector: XLR3-32 or equivalent
- Distortion (THD): < 0.005% at 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Noise: <-105dB unweighted, 22Hz-22kHz, rms
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20kHz, +0dB/-1dB
- Main/Standby: 9 volt PP3 type, battery preferably alkaline
- Current drain: On phantom; less than 7.5mA. On battery; less than 2mA
- Phantom Power: +20 volts DC to +48 volts DC
- Weight: 650 gms, excluding batteries
- Overall Dimensions: 59 mm x 124 mm x 143 mm (2.3“ x 4.9“ x 5.6“)
We offer next day delivery as standard on all items subject to stock availability
Many of the products on offer are in stock and available for next day delivery. Some of our specialist product lines are shipped directly from the manufacturer and in this situation we can not guarantee next day delivery. These products are manufactured in batches and if ordered at the right time, you will receive next day delivery but may be up to six weeks if ordering at the beginning of a batch. These products are available to order and you will be advised of a delivery date. Please call us for more information or to check stock availability. +44(0)1908 615 365
In accordance with The Customer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (updated June 2014), Audishop.London provides customers with the right to cancel an order within 14 days of the date of delivery. You must notify Audioshop.London of your intention to do so in writing within this period. Email notification can be sent to email@example.com Goods must be returned at your cost and liability, unused and as new, complete with all accessories, cables, manuals and software in undamaged original packaging. Goods must be protected for transit by a double box or cardboard outer. Proof of purchase in the form of the Audioshop.London packing slip or invoice must be provided with the goods. If an entire order is returned we will refund the value of a standard on-line delivery charge.